Friday, November 8, 2013

How to Love Like Christ - Original Fiction

One day, a little girl sat outside, basking in the presence of God. They frequently spent time together, for He was her very Best Friend. But this day, the girl was troubled. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

"What's wrong, child?" the Lord asked in His still, small voice.

"I don't know how to love like You!" she exclaimed through her cries. "I don't know how to be like You, but I want to be, with all my heart. Yet it's so hard. How can I give grace to the ones who are angry at me, who belittle me, and who laugh at me? They step on my feelings and hurt me."

The Lord nodded and wrapped His arm around her shoulder with a gentle squeeze. "Yes, My daughter, grace has a very high price. You'll open yourself up to all manner of jeering and mockery. People might walk all over you or take advantage of your kindness. Some may even talk evil behind your back."

Lifting a finger, He dried her tears. "You still want to know how to love like I do?"

The little girl nodded so fast, her curls bounced. The Lord chuckled, delighted at her eagerness to learn. He kissed her forehead and whispered in her ear.

"Give grace anyway." 



 © Becka Goings, original fiction, based on my personal prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment